Malay Food: Kak Mek Nasi Berlauk at Ipoh [Review]


Name: 
Kak Mek Nasi Berlauk

Location:
Stall No 9, Medan Selera Stadium Perak, Ipoh, Perak
(Exactly in front of Fire Station)

Cuisine: 
Malay Food
Specialty: 
Nasi Kak Wok

Price Range: 
≥RM3

Business Hours:
Lunch hour (Presumely 11AM to 3PM)

Ratings:
4.5 out of 5

Nasi Kak Wok is actually a normal white rice served with curry and fried chicken. It's originated from Kelantan, east-coast of Malaysia.

Review/Rating
1. Total Price:
- The regular Nasi Kak Wok just cost me; RM3. Can you believe it's that cheap? If you think the food is not enough and you want to add-on other side dishes, you're also welcomed to do so too! 😄 Just say, "Nasi Kak Wok biasa satu" to order regular.

2. Service:
- The service itself is oke even though you need to queue up. No worries, it worth the queue. Trust me.


3. Environment:
- Since it's located in food court, you'll see a lot of table and chairs to dine in; it's open air. It can be quite hot during lunch hour though. 😂 I decided to dabao take-away and eat somewhere much more comfortable.

4. Parking:
- There's a lot of open parking space.

5. Food:
- The curry is really nice and the chicken is well cooked too. I really like it, suits my taste. And it really cheap considering you get the whole meal for just RM3! 😍 But I forgot to take picture of the food. Haiyah. I straight dive in when I reach home.

6. Halal:
- Yes, it is Halal as it is Muslim owned.

7. Overall:
- I'd go there again. And I think it should be one of the must visit place when you come to Ipoh. I wonder, why this stall doesn't go viral yet. Or maybe it already have and I'm the one who doesn't know about it. 😆

Now, if you don't have any plans on what you should do at Ipoh, read this entry; Road Trip to Ipoh, Perak. Might help you to find ideal place for your visit. Enjoy your trip!