Recruitment Agency: Will they charged you?

Due to COVID-19, some of my friends was laid off from the company. Unfortunately, it's harsh reality that we need to face. Now that they need to find a new job/opportunity, I did recommend them to send their resume/cv to recruitment agency; other than to specific job posting. But I realized one thing, almost all of them were scared of the charges that might incur if they approach the recruitment agency. To be honest, I've been there.

Let me straighten things up. The recruitment company will not charge you, it's FREE. Then, you might wonder, how they'll make money if they do it for free? The answer is, the client will pay them once they found a suitable candidate; it's usually one-off payment as per their contract/agreement. 

Another reason why I asked my friends to approach the recruitment agency/recruiter/headhunter is the fact that they usually have wide range of clients from different industry (and most of them are big players in their own league). They will try to fit the client's requirement and at the same time, they will try to find the best place for you based on your preferences. It's going to be a win-win situation for both parties.

To those who are affected, my heart goes out to you. I believe you're stronger than you think. Stay strong and positive. You've got this! 💪

Notes:
Opinions are my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.